You’ve arrived at the proper blog page if you’re looking for Publix Fried Chicken Recipe. In this post, I’ve included the most Popular Publix Fried Chicken Recipe along with thorough instructions, which I am confident you will like.
What Is Publix?
Publix Super Markets, Inc., or Publix, is a privately held American supermarket chain headquartered in Lakeland, Florida. It was founded in 1930 by George W. Jenkins. Publix is a private enterprise owned wholly by current and former employees, as well as Jenkins family members.
Publix store provides products and services in its grocery, deli, bakery, produce, floral, meat, and seafood departments. Some stores have valet parking, cafés, sushi bars, pharmacy departments, and a liquor store. The submarine sandwiches sold at Publix delis are often referred to as “Pub subs”.
Publix Fried Chicken is the most popular item in their store and is well-liked by their customer. This fried chicken is made with Chicken, Buttermilk, Eggs, black pepper, and salt for brine and Flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, Yeast Seasoning, onion powder, celery seed, Tumeric Powder, black pepper, Annato powder, Baking Powder, Salt for Seasoning Dredge and oil for frying the chicken.
Only 15 ingredients and some kitchen tools are needed to make this Publix Fried Chicken, which I explained in detail below.
The Ingredients & Equipment Needs For Publix Fried Chicken
The Ingredients & Equipment are as follows:
Ingredients For Brine:
Chicken: You will need 2 whole chickens, cut into 10 pieces per chicken. Use Pine Manor brand chicken or you can use another brand.
Buttermilk: You will need 1 1/2 Cups of buttermilk. Use Garelick Farm brand buttermilk to get the best result.
Egg: You will need 2 large eggs for brine.
Black Pepper: You will need 1 1/2 tablespoons of black pepper for brine and 1 1/2 tablespoons for the seasoning dredge. Use McCormick or spicy world brand black pepper.
Salt: You will need 1 1/4 tablespoons of salt for brine and 1 1/4 tablespoons for the seasoning dredge. Use any brand of salt.
Ingredients For Seasoning Dredge:
Flour: You will need 4 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour. Use King Arthur or Gold Medal brand all-purpose flour.
Paprika: You will need 1 1/2 tablespoons of smoked paprika. Use McCormick or Simply Organic Spices brand smoked paprika.
Cayenne Pepper: You will need 1 1/2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper. Use McCormick or Savory Spice brand cayenne pepper.
Yeast Seasoning: You will need 1 1/2 tablespoons of yeast seasoning. Use Bragg brand nutritional yeast seasoning to get the best result.
Onion Powder: You will need 1 1/2 tablespoons of onion powder. Use McCormick or Lawry’s brand onion powder.
Celery Seeds: You will need 1 1/2 tablespoons of ground celery seeds. Use McCormick or Savory Spice brand celery seeds.
Tumeric Powder: You will need 1 1/2 tablespoons of turmeric powder. Use Badia or McCormick brand turmeric powder.
Annatto Powder: You will need 1 1/2 tablespoons of annatto powder. Use Badia or McCormick brand annatto powder.
Baking Powder: You will need 4 teaspoons of baking powder. Use Davis brand baking powder for the best result.
Frying Oil: Use Crisco brand frying oil or you can use another brand of frying oil.
You will need Ziplock Bag, Bowl, Cutting Board, Knife Measuring Cup, Measuring Spoon, and Fry Pan Or Pot.
So let’s see How To Make Publix Fried Chicken Recipe at home!
Publix Fried Chicken Recipe
Equipment & Tools
- Ziplock Bag
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Fry Pan Or Pot
- 2 (1000 Grams) Whole Chicken, Cut Into 10 Pieces Per Chicken
- 1 ½ cups Buttermilk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 ½ tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 ¼ tbsp Salt
- 4 cups King Arthur All-Purpose Unbleached Flour, Recommended
- 1 ½ tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 ½ tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp Bragg Nutritional Yeast Seasoning, Recommended
- 1 ½ tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 ½ tbsp Ground Celery Seeds
- 1 ½ tbsp Tumeric Powder
- 1 ½ tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp Annato Powder
- 4 tsp Davis Baking Powder, Recommended
- 1 ¼ tsp Salt
- Oil For Frying
- Mix the pepper, salt, buttermilk, and 2 eggs in a large size ziplock bag or in a large bowl.
- Mix in the chicken. Shake the sealed bag, or in the bowl to ensure that it is coated and submerged in the brine.
- Refrigerate the sealed bag or the wrapped-in-plastic-wrapped bowl. Refrigerate for a minimum of 6 to 24 hours.
- The longer you let it brine the better your chicken will taste. This keeps it moist while cooking.
For Seasoning Dredge:
- Take 1 1/2 cups of flour, along with all the seasonings, and put them into the food processor.
- Pulse until mixed. There shouldn’t be any large flakes of the season.
- In a large paper bag, a zip lock bag, or a bowl, combine the processed mixture and the remaining 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- These bags are more manageable to clean up and will be less messy.
- Take the chicken out of the refrigerator.
- Place each piece in a bowl, then flip to coat. Place the dredged chicken aside on baking sheets.
- The simplest method is to pull all the chicken from the brine and put it in the bag.
- Shake the bag until the chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Put the chicken pieces on a baking sheet.
- Pour your oil into the pot with at least a quarter within the pot. It should be heated until it reaches 350 °.
- When the oil is at 350 F, you can drop a few chicken pieces into the oil at a time and let cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, flipping occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- The chicken must have an internal temperature between 170 and 170 F.
- Remove the chicken from the oil, and repeat this process for the rest of the chicken pieces.
- Enjoy the Publix Fried Chicken at home!
Our Other Recipes:
What To Serve With Publix Fried Chicken?
Publix Fried Chicken goes especially well with Green beans, Sweet Potatoes, Macaroni Salad, Cornbread, Potato Salad, Coleslaw, Fried Okra, and French Fries are some of the side dishes.
How To Store Publix Fried Chicken?
Refrigerate fried chicken in shallow airtight containers or securely wrap it in heavy-duty aluminium foil or plastic wrap to extend its shelf life for safety and quality. Fried chicken will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days if properly refrigerated.
How To Reheat Publix Fried Chicken?
Heat the chicken in the microwave for 3 to 6 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees Fahrenheit, on a platter coated with a paper towel. This allows for a speedy and risk-free defrosting and reheating of the chicken. The chicken should be baked in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Publix Fried Chicken?
The main ingredients of this Publix Fried Chicken Recipe are chicken, buttermilk, eggs, flour, and spices. They have many health benefits. They are as follows:
Chicken: Chicken, a good source of protein, can help you keep the pounds off and reduce your chances of developing cardiac problems. Tryptophan, an amino acid found in chicken, has been linked to higher amounts of serotonin (the “feel good” hormone) in human brains.
Buttermilk: Buttermilk is high in protein, which your body requires to produce strong muscles, skin, and bones. The majority of buttermilk on the market is fortified with additional vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin A. The vitamin D.
Eggs: Eggs are nutrient-dense, high in protein, enhance “Good” cholesterol levels, are a good source of vitamin D, and are one of the finest dietary sources of choline.
Flour: Flour is high in protein, minerals, fibre, and complex carbs. In addition to that, it contains a lower ratio of fat and cholesterol.
Spices: Spices can improve health in many ways, from lowering blood sugar and cholesterol levels to reducing inflammation and the risk of cancer.
My Other Blog Post:
Publix Fried Chicken Recipe is an absolute must-try recipe. Publix Fried Chicken Recipe requires only 50 minutes to prepare. This delicious recipe is great for serving as a main dish or as a side dish during dinner time or the holiday season.
This recipe will always satisfy your taste buds and provide you with the most delectable food. It’s simple to make and affordable. It does not require lots of expensive equipment.
Thank you for coming to my site for a look as well as taking the time to browse through it. I hope that you enjoyed this Publix Fried Chicken Recipe. All you need to do is provide a thorough review of the recipe and leave a comment in the comments. We’re happy to assist with any questions or questions.