If you are a fan of Sour Cream Coconut Cake then this Brenda Gantt Sour Cream Coconut Cake Recipe is for you. In this post, I have shared the Popular Brenda Gantt Sour Cream Coconut Cake Recipe with some valuable information that you will like a lot I hope.
What is Brenda Gantt Sour Cream Coconut Cake?
Brenda Gantt is a social media influencer, chef, and former schoolteacher. Her food-related Facebook posts are among the most popular. “It’s Going to Be Good, Ya’ll” her first cookbook, was released in 2021.
Brenda Gantt’s Sour Cream Coconut Cake Recipe is widely regarded as the best. This recipe shows how to make Sour Cream Coconut Cake in 50 minutes.
Even if you’ve never tried Brenda Gantt’s food, her Sour Cream Coconut Cake will persuade you to do so. Brenda Gantt Sour Cream Coconut Cake is made with Flour, Vegetable Shortening, Sugar, Salty Butter, Egg, Buttermilk, Milk, Vanilla Extract, Sour Cream, and Coconut.
To make this Brenda Gantt Sour Cream Coconut Cake, you need 10 ingredients and a few pieces of equipment, which I will explain in more detail below.
The Ingredients & Equipment Needs For Brenda Gantt Sour Cream Coconut Cake
The Ingredients And Equipment are as follows:
Ingredients For Cake:
Plain Flour: You will need 1 Scoop of White Lilly Plain Flour for the pans.
Vegetable Shortening: You will need 1/2 cup of Vegetable Shortening. Crisco Brand Vegetable Shortening is recommended.
Sugar: You will need 2 cups of granulated sugar. Use Domino brand sugar or you can use what you use regularly for cooking.
Butter: You will need 1 stick of Salted Butter. Kerrygold or Land O Lakes brand salted butter is recommended.
Eggs: You will need 4 large-size eggs for the cake at Room Temperature.
Flour: You will need 2 cups of self-rising flour. Use White Lilly brand self-rising flour or you can use another brand.
Buttermilk: You will need 1/2 cup of whole buttermilk. Use Kroger brand whole buttermilk.
Milk: It is recommended to purchase milk from Horizon Organic or Organic Valley brands.
Vanilla Extract: 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract is required for this recipe. Use McCormick brand pure vanilla extract to get the best flavor.
Ingredients For Sour Cream Coconut Icing:
Sour Cream: You will need 2 cups of sour cream. Use Daisy or Great Value brand sour cream.
White Sugar: You will need 2 cups of granulated sugar. Use Domino brand sugar or you can use what you use regularly for cooking.
Coconut: You will need 2 cups of coconut. Use Bobs Red Mill brand coconut to get the best result.
Four 9-inch Pan, Stand Mixer, Mixing Bowl, Measuring Cup, Measuring Spoon, Offset Spatula, Oven, Cake Board, And Cake Dish.
So, let’s see How To make Brenda Gantt Sour Cream Coconut Cake Recipe!
Brenda Gantt Sour Cream Coconut Cake Recipe
Equipment & Tools
- Four 9-inch Pan
- Stand Mixer
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Offset Spatula
- Cake Board
- Cake Dish
- 1 Scoop White Lilly Plain Flour
- ½ cup Crisco Vegetable Shortening
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 1 Stick Salty Butter
- 4 Eggs At Room Temperature
- 2 cups White Lilly Self Rising Flour, Recommended
- ½ cup Whole Buttermilk
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
For Sour Cream Coconut Icing:
- 2 cups Daisy Sour Cream, Recommended
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 2 cup Bob's Red Mill Coconut, Recommended
- ½ cup Coconut For Topping
- First spread plain flour inside down and on all sides of your pans.
- Put the vegetable shortening, sugar, and salty butter in a stand mixer and mix well.
- Add 1 egg at a time and beat for 5 minutes or until good mix.
- Add the self-rising flour, buttermilk, sweet milk, and vanilla extract.
- Mix all the ingredients for another 3 minutes or until well mixed.
- Pour the batter into the pans in equal 4 parts.
- Bake the cake for 30 to 35 minutes in a preheated 350 Degrees Fahrenheit oven.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and set them aside for cooling.
For Sour Cream Coconut Icing:
- For sour cream coconut icing, mix Sour Cream, White Sugar, and Coconut in the stand mixer.
- Separate 1 1/2 cups of sour cream coconut icing from the mixture and keep aside for topping.
Assembling The Cake:
- On a grease-proof cake board, place the cake and add an even layer of sour cream coconut mixer between each cake layer with a large offset spatula.
- Add a thin coat around the cake, and fully cover the cake layers with the saved 1 1/2 cups of sour cream coconut mixture.
- Sprinkle some coconut on top and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or freeze for 10 minutes.
- After 1 hour remove it from the fridge and your sour cream coconut cake is ready to serve!
Our Other Recipes:
What To Pair With Brenda Gantt Sour Cream Coconut Cake?
Milky Coffee, Fruit Salad, Iced Americano, Fresh Orange Juice, Red Wine, Greek Yoghurt, Honey and Almonds, Greek Yoghurt, Pistachio Nuts & Dried Cranberries, Blueberries & Creme Fraiche, Greek Yoghurt & Fresh Passionfruit, and Peaches ‘N Cream are best to pair with Brenda Gantt Sour Cream Coconut Cake.
How To Store Brenda Gantt Sour Cream Coconut Cake?
Keep the cake frozen for up to three months at 0 degrees Fahrenheit or below. Defrost in the refrigerator between 36 and 41 degrees Fahrenheit.
It is recommended that you cover the Brenda Gantt Sour Cream Coconut Cake while it is defrosting in order to prevent it from drying out. After thawing, the cake should be served within 5 days. After the cake has been allowed to thaw, place it in the refrigerator.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Brenda Gantt Sour Cream Coconut Cake?
In addition to milk and eggs, flour and sugar are the basic ingredients of the Sour Cream Coconut Cake. Both flour and sugar are good sources of carbs, which are the main energy source for your body, including your brain and your muscles.
The cake is made with eggs and milk, both of which are good sources of protein and calcium. These nutrients contribute to the repair and growth of muscular tissue, as well as the strengthening of bones.
Our Other Recipes:
Brenda Gantt Sour Cream Coconut Cake Recipe is a definite must-try. With only 10 ingredients and 50 minutes of preparation time, the Brenda Gantt Sour Cream Coconut Cake Recipe allows you to prepare a wonderful sour cream coconut cake at home. Get the required ingredients to create this soft sour cream coconut cake for your guests.
I hope that you enjoyed Brenda Gantt Sour Cream Coconut Cake Recipe. Please share this sour cream coconut cake recipe with your loved ones and let us know what you think of it in the comments section below.