If you are a fan of Blackened Chicken then this Sweetgreen Blackened Chicken Recipe is for you. In this post, I have shared the Popular Sweetgreen Blackened Chicken Recipe with some useful information that you will like a lot I hope.
What Is Sweetgreen Blackened Chicken?
Sweetgreen is a salad-focused fast-casual restaurant chain in the United States. Nathaniel Ru, Nicolas Jammet, and Jonathan Neman founded it in November 2006.
Salads and warm bowls are on the menu at Sweetgreen. Based on regional produce and product availability, their menu changes five times a year.
Sweetgreen also serves Blackened Chicken which is a very well-liked item for their customer. This Blackened Chicken is made with chicken thighs, sunflower oil, and mix balsamic vinegar with some spices.
Just 13 simple ingredients and a few key pieces of cookware are all you need to make this Sweetgreen Blackened Chicken, which I explained in depth below.
The Ingredients Needs For Sweetgreen Blackened Chicken:
Chicken Thigh: You will need fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh to make this Sweetgreen Blackened Chicken.
Sunflower Oil: Use Pastene or Safya Brand sunflower oil. Alternatively, you can use AmazonFresh Avocado Oil.
Vinegar: Colavita Aged or Pompeian Gourmet Brand Balsamic Vinegar for this recipe.
Spices: Use McCormick or Spicy World brand spices. You will need Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Dried Thyme, Chili Powder,
Crushed Red Pepper, Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder, and Cayenne Pepper.
Salt: Use Moron brand table salt or you can use kosher salt.
The Equipment Needs For Sweetgreen Blackened Chicken:
Oven, Stove, Cast Iron Skillet, Mixing Bowl, Measuring Cup, Measuring Spoon, Whisk, knife, And Serving Plate.
So let’s see How To Make Sweetgreen Blackened Chicken Recipe!
Sweetgreen Blackened Chicken Recipe
Equipment & Tools
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Serving Plate
- 2 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh
- 2 tbsp Pastene Sunflower Oil, Recommended
- 4 tbsp Colavita Aged Balsamic Vinegar, Recommended
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp McCormick Dried Thyme, Recommended
- ½ tbsp Chili Powder
- ½ tbsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Coriander Powder
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Set your oven's heat to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Balsamic Vinegar, Paprika, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Dried Thyme, Chili Powder, Crushed Red Pepper, Cumin Powder, Salt, Coriander Powder, and Cayenne Pepper.
- Brush all sides of the chicken thigh with sunflower oil, then coat with the seasoning mixture, pressing with your fingers to help the coating adhere.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet at high heat until smoking hot.
- To blacken the chicken thighs, add them to the pan and cook for 30 to 1 minute on each side.
- Place the skillet in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes to complete cooking.
- When the chicken is no longer pink in the center, the juices run clear when pierced with a fork, and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, it is done.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter, cover loosely with foil to keep it warm, and set aside for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Our Other Recipes:
What To Serve With Sweetgreen Blackened Chicken?
Cilantro lime rice, mango salsa, creamed corn, caesar salad, spinach quinoa, southern green beans, macaroni salad, creamy avocado dip, roasted broccoli, and sour cream & chive mashed potatoes are the best side dishes for this Sweetgreen Blackened Chicken.
How to Store And Reheat Sweetgreen Blackened Chicken?
In The Fridge: When the chicken has cooled, store it in the refrigerator wrapped in foil paper or in an airtight container. Eat the leftovers within 4 to 5 days for the best results.
In The Freeze: The Blackened Chicken leftovers can be frozen for up to three months if they are placed in an airtight container.
Reheating: Reheat the Blackened Chicken in the oven or in the microwave for 30 to 40 seconds.
Is Sweetgreen Blackened Chicken Good For Health?
Eating blackened chicken has many advantages, including a high protein and low-fat content. It is said to be a reliable source of selenium.
Various kinds of herbs and spices are used to season blackened chicken that possesses antioxidant, antitumorigenic, anti-inflammatory, anticarcinogenic, and glucose- and cholesterol-lowering activities as well as properties that affect cognition and mood.
Our Other Recipes:
The Sweetgreen Blackened Chicken Recipe is worth trying. Only 13 ingredients, some basic kitchen equipment, and 35 minutes are needed to make this Sweetgreen Blackened Chicken at home. Simply gather the ingredients to make this Blackened Chicken for any occasion or party.
I hope you enjoyed this Sweetgreen Blackened Chicken Recipe. If you like this Blackened Chicken Recipe, please forward it to your friends and leave a comment below to let us know what you think.