If you are a fan of Ruth’s Chris Steak House Restaurant food then this Ruth’s Chris Lyonnaise Potatoes Recipe is for you. In this post, I have shared Ruth’s Chris Lyonnaise Potatoes Recipe with some valuable tips that you will like very much I hope.
What Is Ruth’s Chris Lyonnaise Potatoes?
Over 100 sites of Ruth’s Chris Steak House may be found in the US, Canada, and Mexico. The company was rebranded and joined Ruth’s Hospitality Group on May 22, 2008. This followed the acquisition of Mitchell’s Fish Market. The organization’s main office is in Winter Park, Florida.
Lyonnaise potatoes are a French dish that consists of sliced potatoes, onions, unsalted butter, and parsley. Lyonnaise is French for “from Lyon” or “Lyon style”, and refers to the French city Lyon.
Potatoes are usually prepared by par-cooking them before being sauteed, or by cooking them in a pan. Fannie Farmer provided two potato recipes in her Boston Cooking-School Cook Book. Over the years, newer varieties have been created using caramelization techniques to enhance browning and flavour.
The Ingredients And Equipment For Ruth’s Chris Lyonnaise Potatoes Recipe?
This Lyonnaise Potato Recipe only requires 8 handfuls of ingredients.
Potatoes: If you want potatoes with a sensitive interior and a crispy exterior, Yukon Gold potatoes are a good option.
Oil: Use a neutral cooking oil like avocado oil, olive oil, etc. You can also use vegan oil or a combination of two.
Onion: I used white onions, but you can use any other colour.
Butter: Unsalted Butter can be used by any brand of butter.
Garlic: I used chopped garlic here. However, minced garlic is also possible.
Seasoning: This Lynnaoise potato dish uses a simple combination of Salt and White Pepper.
Fresh Chopped Parsley: As a traditional garnish, I like to add fresh chopped parsley to french-style potatoes.
The Equipment You Will Need: Bowl, Cutting Board, Knife, Oven, Burner, Saute Pan, Measuring Cup, Measuring Spoon, and a Wooden Spoon or Spatula.
So without wasting time let’s start the Ruth’s Chris Lyonnaise Potatoes Recipe!
Ruth’s Chris Lyonnaise Potatoes Recipe
Equipment & Tools
- Cutting Board
- Saute Pan
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Wooden Spoon Or Spatula.
- 3 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 3 tbsp Pompeian Olive Oil, Recommended
- 6 medium White Onions, Sliced
- 3 tbsp Chopped Garlic
- Salt To Taste
- White Pepper To Taste
- ¾ cup President Unsalted Butter, Recommended
- 2 tbsp Chopped Parsley
- First, peel the 3 pounds of potatoes and wash them well.
- Cut the potatoes on the thicker side about 1/2 inch and put them in a glass bowl.
- Peel the white onion and wash, and slice. Set aside.
- Set the oven's temperature to 400 F.
- In a pot of salted water, add the potatoes.
- Bring the potatoes up to a boil and blanch for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and drain.
- In a large oven-proof saute pan, heat the olive oil.
- Add the onions to the pan once the oil is heated and season with salt and white pepper.
- For 10 to 12 minutes, sauté the onions on medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic and heat until fragrant about 2 minutes more.
- Turn the onion mixture into a bowl.
- Place the pan back on the stove and melt the butter.
- After the butter has melted, add 1/3 of the potatoes to the pan.
- Cover the first layer of potatoes with 1/2 of the onions. Cover the onions with 1/3 of the potatoes.
- Repeat the layering until all of the potatoes and onions are used.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown.
- The pan needs to be removed from the oven. Using a spatula, gently lift the potatoes out of the pan.
- Slice the lyonnaise into 12 slices. Garnish with parsley.
Take a peek at our Rainbow Drive-In Shoyu Chicken Recipe if you’re interested.
What To Serve With Ruth’s Chris Lyonnaise Potatoes?
This Ruth’s Chris Lyonnaise Potatoes Recipe is great with comfort food and most main dishes. It can also be enjoyed at home.
Serve with vegan cheese sauce.
Alongside Vegan Meatloaf, portobello steaks.
Serve with a salad such as this avocado salad.
You can use it as part of a savoury brunch spread with tofu scramble and pan-fried tomatoes.
Can You Make it ahead of time?
You can wash the potatoes, cut them and keep them in a container with water for up 2 days before you start the recipe.
How to Store Ruth’s Chris Lyonnaise Potatoes?
For the best texture, potatoes Lyonnaise should be eaten right away. You can save any leftovers in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for up to 4 to 5 days.
How To Freeze Lyonnaise Potatoes?
Lyonnaise potatoes can be described as potatoes and onions combined. You can freeze them. For an easy side dish, cook them as you would normally. Once they are cool, place the portions in freezer bags.
How To Reheat Ruth’s Chris Lyonnaise Potatoes?
You can reheat it in a skillet with some butter or oil. Or you can spread them on a baking sheet in the oven at 350f/177c for about 10 minutes. Depending on how much you’re warming, it can take a little longer. Although it is possible to microwave leftovers, they will not be crispy.
Are Lyonnaise Potatoes Healthy?
High in vitamins and minerals (7.7%/cal). A good source of Vitamin C, and Manganese. Low in risky components, such as saturated fat, sodium, and sugars (0%/oz).
Have a look at our Zaxby’s Coleslaw Recipe if you are interested.
You can look at our Red Lobster Baked Potato Recipe If you’re interested.
Ruth’s Chris Lyonnaise potatoes Recipe is a must-try recipe. This Ruth’s Chris Lyonnaise Potato Recipe is easy to make and takes only 10 minutes. This dish can be made at home using only a few ingredients. This is one of those dishes that doesn’t take long to make.
To easily prepare this wonderful food for your family, just gather the necessary materials. I hope you enjoyed Ruth’s Chris Lyonnaise Potatoes Recipe. We would love to hear your thoughts on our Ruth’s Chris Lionnaise Potatoes Recipe. Please leave a comment below.