If you’re searching to find Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe then you have arrived at the right blog page. In this article, I’ve provided Perry’s Steakhouse Pork Chop Recipe in full details that you’ll love, I’m sure.
What Is Perry’s Pork Chop?
Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille is a steakhouse and grille located in Perry, Texas. Perry’s Butcher Shop and Deli, a tiny meat shop in Houston that opened in 1979, was the Perry family’s first eatery.
It is now one of the country’s top, award-winning steakhouses, with restaurants across Denver, Chicago, Birmingham, Miami, Raleigh, Nashville across Texas. Perry’s has remained loyal to its neighbourhood butcher shop heritage with high-quality meats and outstanding service.
Perry’s is famous for its fresh butcher-fresh USDA-aged Prime steaks, the restaurant is known for its seven-finger-high gluten-free pork chops, as butchers would do in the past.
A recipe perfected over the span of forty years, the chop is rubbed with a mix of spices, then cooked, cured slowly smoked, caramelized, cooked in the oven, and served with Perry’s herb and garlic butter. It is served tableside at dinner each night.
only 11 ingredients and some kitchen equipment are needed to make this Perry’s Pork Chop at home, which I explained in detail below.
The Ingredients & Equipment Needs For Perry’s Pork Chop
The Ingredients & Equipment are as follows:
Pork Chop: Use 3 or 4 ribs of thick pork chop that includes the ribs, loin, and eye.
Water: Use fresh Water.
Kosher Salt: Use Morton or Manischewitz brand kosher salt.
Brown Sugar: Use Domino or Keystone Pantry brand brown sugar to get the best result.
Black Pepper: Use McCormick or Amazon Brand – Happy Belly brand black pepper.
Garlic: You will need 3 tablespoons of minced garlic. Use fresh garlic.
Dried Thyme: Badia or McCormick dried thyme brand is recommended.
Cayenne Pepper: Use Badia or McCormick brand cayenne pepper.
Pork Rub: BBQ Pit Stop or Use only Pork Barrel BBQ Brand dry rub to get the best result.
Olive Oil: Use Pompeian or Borges brand olive oil for rubbing.
Butter: Use Land O lakes or Kerrygold brand unsalted butter for the best result.
Granulated Sugar: Use Domino or Keystone Pantry brand Granulated sugar.
You will need Skillet, Ziplock Bag, Measuring Cup, Measuring Spoon, Cutting Board, Knife, Propane Torch, Traeger Hopper With Pecan Pellets, and Serving Plate.
So let’s see How To Make Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe On Traeger!
Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe
Equipment & Tools
- Ziplock Bag
- Measuring Cu
- Measuring Spoon
- Cutting Board
- Propane Torch
- Traeger Hopper With Pecan Pellets
- Serving Plate
- 4 Ribs Thick Pork Chop That Includes The Ribs, Loin, And Eye
- 2 cups Water
- ⅓ cups Kosher Salt
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp McCormick Dried Thyme, Recommended
- 2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
For For Caramelize:
- Kerrygold Unsalted Butter, Recommended
- Granulated Sugar
- In a pot, add water, salt, sugar, black pepper, garlic, dried thyme, and cayenne pepper.
- Bring brine to boil, then cool brine.
- This is enough brine for one chop 3 to 4 ribs thick.
- Place chop in Ziploc bag (1-gallon size freezer bag)
- Make sure the chop is completely coated and squeeze out any extra air in the bag.
- Refrigerate the meat for 24 hours as it soaks up the brine.
- Remove the pork chop from the refrigerator.
- Take chops from the Ziploc bag and rinse off in cold water.
- Pat chops dry.
- Rub chops with olive oil and season the chops with your favourite pork rub on all sides.
- Fill the Traeger hopper with pecan pellets. Turn Traeger to 180 Degree Feranhiet.
- Place chops rib side down.
- Smoke for 3 to 4 hours, or until the internal temperature of the chop reaches 140°F.
- Make sure to take a temperature reading in the centre of the loin.
- Remove chops and place them on the cutting board.
- Coat chops with butter and sprinkle granulated sugar on all sides of the chop.
- Butter allows sugar to attach to the chop.
- Use a cooking torch butane or propane torch to caramelize sugar on all sides of the chop.
- Enjoy Perry’s Pork Chop at home!
Our Other Recipes:
Frequently Asked Questions On Perry’s, Pork Chop
How to Carve Perry’s, Pork Chop?
First slice off the eyelash.
The second slice of the loin.
Last but not least, slice the ribs.
How long does Perry’s pork chop take to cook?
Smoke for three to four hours until chop reaches 140° Fahrenheit.
Take a temperature reading in the middle of your loin.
What is the size of Perry’s lunch pork chop?
Perry’s “Famous Pork Chop,” a seven-finger tall, slow-roasted pork chop, is sliced tableside at dinner service and served with herb-garlic butter.
What To Serve With Perry’s Pork Chop?
Serve your pork chop with garlic butter sauce. Also, Creamy Mashed Potatoes, Apple-Cranberry Stuffing, Maple-Bacon Brussels Sprouts, Slice-Baked Potatoes, and Cauliflower Gratin are the best side dishes for Perry’s Pork Chop.
How To Store Perry’s Pork Chop?
Refrigerate cooked pork chops in shallow airtight containers or securely wrap them in heavy-duty aluminium foil or plastic wrap to maximize shelf life for safety and quality. Pork chops, once cooked, can be refrigerated in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How to Reheat Perry’s Pork Chop?
Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Add 2 tablespoons of water or broth to a skillet that can be used in the oven (chicken, beef, or vegetable).
In the pan, place the pork chops. Wrap the pan in aluminium foil. Cook the pork through by reheating it in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Perry’s Pork Chop?
Pork chops are lean red meat that is simple to prepare. They provide the body with vital nutrients like protein, selenium, zinc, and iron.
Our Other Recipes:
Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe is a must-try recipe. This recipe will wow your taste buds and provide you with a one-of-a-kind flavor each time. This fantastic Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe is easy to prepare at home.
Start by gathering the ingredients and then prepare them for a memorable platter. If you want to enjoy the delicious flavors, give it a try. I’m confident that this post has provided you with the cost-effective information you require. You will enjoy an incredible flavor such as Perry’s Steakhouse.
You are welcome to share this recipe with your family and friends. Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe is a favorite of mine. If you have any questions or recommendations, please leave them in the comments area.