If you are a fan of fruits and nuts bread then this Publix Breakfast Bread Recipe is for you. In this post, I have shared the Popular Publix Breakfast Bread Recipe with some valuable tips that you will like a lot I hope.
What is Publix And Its Breakfast Bread?
Publix Super Markets, Inc., also known as Publix, is an American employee-owned supermarket chain. Its corporate offices are in Lakeland, Florida. In the year 1930, George W. Jenkins established Publix. Current and past employees, as well as members of the Jenkins family, control it entirely.
Publix has stores throughout the Southeast including Georgia, Florida, and Alabama. One of the biggest grocery chains in the United States, Publix has more than 1,200 sites in the Southeast.
Publix has more than 225,000 employees as of January 2022. It employs 1,294 people in its retail shops, cooking schools, and corporate offices. There are also nine grocery distribution hubs and 11 manufacturing units. Manufacturing facilities are used to produce bakery, deli, dairy, and other food products.
Publix Breakfast Bread:
Publix Breakfast Bread is very popular in the United States. Publix Breakfast Bread is one of the most popular bakery items on its menu.
Publix Breakfast Bread is made with dry active yeast, warm water, butter, milk, canned pumpkin, prune plum filling, sugar, molasses, honey, salt, ground cinnamon, eggs, pecan meal, Vital wheat gluten, flour, butter, walnuts, dried apples, dried cherries, dark raisins, dry apricots, golden raisins, and cranberries.
So without wasting time let’s start the Publix Breakfast Bread Recipe!
The Ingredients & Equipment Needs For Publix Breakfast Bread
The Ingredients & Equipment are as follows:
Water: You will need 1/4 cup of warm water to soak the dried fruits.
Butter: You will need 5 tablespoons of unsalted butter. Use Kerrygold brand unsalted butter or use what you have on hand.
Active Yeast: You will need 1 tablespoon of dry active yeast. Use Fleischmann’s brand Dry Active Yeast for the best result.
Milk: 3/4 cup of milk is required. You can use Dean Foods brand milk or another brand.
Pumpkin: you will need 1/3 cup of canned pumpkin. Use Libby’s brand canned pumpkin to get the best result.
Sugar: You will need 1/3 cup of granulated sugar. Use Domino brand granulated white sugar or use it from your kitchen.
Prune Plum Filling: You will need 1/3 cup of plum filling. Use Solo Foods brand Prune Plum Filling.
Molasses: You will need 1 tablespoon of molasses. Use Grandma’s brand original molasses.
Salt: Use salt that you use regularly for cooking.
Honey: You will need 1 tablespoon of honey. Use Billybee brand honey.
Cinnamon: You will need 1 1/2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon. Use McCormick or Spicyworld brand ground cinnamon.
Pecan Meal: You will need 1/4 cup of pecan meal. Use Guidry Organic Farms’ brand of pecan meal.
Eggs: 2 large beaten eggs are required.
Vital Wheat Gluten: You will need 8 tablespoons of vital wheat gluten. Use Bob Red Mill or Anthony’s brand vital wheat gluten.
Bread Flour: 2 cups of bread flour are required. Use Gold Medal brand bread flour to get the best result.
All-Purpose Flour: You will need 2 cups of bread flour. Use Gold Medal brand bread all-purpose flour to get the best result.
Melted Unsalted Butter: You will also need 3 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter. Use Kerrygold unsalted butter or you can use another brand.
Fruits & Nuts:
Walnuts: You will need 1 cup of chopped walnuts. Use Fisher or Diamond Of California brand chopped walnuts.
Dried Cherries: You will need 1/4 cup of dried cherries. Use Brownwood Acres brand dried cherries.
Dried Apples: You will need 1/4 cup of chopped dried apples. Use Tree-Top brand dried apples or use homemade dried apples.
Dried Apricots: You will need 1/4 cup of chopped dried apricots. Use Presto Sales brand dried apricots.
Dark Raisins: You will need 1/4 cup of chopped dark raisins. Use Presto Sales brand dark raisins.
Dried Cranberries: You will need 1/4 cup of cranberries. Use Ocean Spray brand dried cranberries.
Golden Raisins: You will need 1/4 cup of golden raisins. Use Sun-Maid brand Golden Raisins.
You will need Mixing Stove, Oven, Bowl, Measuring Cup, Measuring Spoon, Saucepan, Loaf Pan, and Pastry Brush.
So let’s see How To Make Publix Breakfast Bread Recipe at home!
Publix Breakfast Bread Recipe
Equipment & Tools
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Loaf Pan
- Pastry Brush
- ¼ cup Warm Water
- 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Dry Active Yeast
- ¾ cup Milk
- ⅓ cup Libby's Canned Pumpkin, Recommended
- ⅓ cup Granulated Sugar
- ⅓ cup Solo Prune Plum Filling, Recommended
- 1 tbsp Molasses
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 ½ tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ cup Pecan Meal
- 2 Large Eggs, Beaten
- 8 tbsp Anthony's Vital Wheat Gluten, Recommended
- 2 cups Bread Flour
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp Melted Unsalted Butter
Fruits And Nuts:
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- ¼ cup Dried Cherries
- ¼ cup Chopped Dried Apples
- ¼ cup Chopped Dried Apricots
- ¼ cup Dark Raisins
- ¼ cup Dried Dark Raisins
- ¼ cup Sun Maid Golden Raisins, Recommended
- Mix the dry fruits together in a large bowl. Then, heat the water to soak the dried fruits in it.
- Soak for at most 25 minutes
- Take a big bowl and pour it with warm water. Add the yeast to this hot water.
- Mix the all-purpose flour with bread flour in a separate pan and place it aside.
- Place a small saucepan on the stove. Turn the heat low. Add butter to melt. our milk into this melted butter after taking it from the heat.
- Combine this mixture with the yeast solution.
- After the mixtures have been combined, add the remaining ingredients to them.
- After adding the plum filling, add the canned pumpkins. Add honey, sugar, salt, molasses, beaten eggs, pecan meal, and wheat gluten to the mixing bowl.
- Use a hand mixer to mix the ingredients until you get a consistent mixture.
- The concoction still requires a few more ingredients.
- Add 3 to 4 cups of flour and stir. The dough should be soft and well-kneaded.
- You can increase or decrease the amount of flour depending on your needs.
- Put the kneaded dough in a bowl that has been oiled. Until it rises, allow it to rest for at least an hour in a warm place.
- Mix the fruits and nuts together. Grease the loaf pans.
- Lightly flour a work surface, then place the dough. Sprinkle the fruits and nuts over each half of the dough after dividing it in half. Re-knead the dough’s sprinkled halves separately.
- Create loaves out of the dough and set them in a loaf pan for further baking.
- Brush melted butter over the dough’s top layer to re-grease it.
- Prior to buttering it once more, give it another hour to rest. Place the pans in the 350° preheated oven.
- If the crust becomes too brown, you can cover it with foil.
Our Other Recipes:
What To Pair With Publix Breakfast Bread?
Fresh Fruit Salad, Bacon & Eggs Items, Hash Browns, Yogurt Parfait, Breakfast Sausage, and Fried Apples are the best side dishes for Publix Breakfast Bread.
How to Store Publix Breakfast Bread?
It is important to keep in mind that handmade bread does not keep as long as the bread is from the grocery store. This is due to the fact that it contains no preservatives. This is a good thing. Although homemade bread tastes best when it is baked immediately, this bread should keep for 5 to 6 days in an airtight container or bag.
How to Freeze Publix Breakfast Bread?
Wrap unsliced bread loaves tightly in plastic wrap or beeswax. You can rewrap it in aluminium foil, or you can put it in a freezer bag or airtight container. They will keep their best quality for approximately 3 months if properly stored.
How to Reheat Publix Breakfast Bread?
After allowing the bread to reach room temperature, place it in a preheated oven for five to ten minutes at a temperature of 350 degrees to warm the revitalized loaf.
Our Other Recipes:
Publix Breakfast Bread Recipe is an absolute must-try recipe. This recipe takes only 2 hours to bake. This bread can be made at home using only a few ingredients. It is suitable for breakfast or a snack. Making this bread is simple and needs minimal effort.
We are continually looking for fresh approaches to let you know about the amazing foods we have to provide. It’s easy to prepare this delicious bread for your loved ones. I hope you enjoy the Publix Breakfast Bread Recipe. Please leave a comment below if you liked our Publix Breakfast Bread Recipe.