If you are a mushroom lover then this Longhorn Stuffed Mushroom Recipe is for you. In this post, I have shared the Longhorn Steakhouse Stuffed Mushroom Recipe With Cheddar Cheese with full details that you will enjoy a lot I hope.
What Is Longhorn Steakhouse?
American casual dining restaurant franchise Longhorn Steakhouse is owned and operated by Darden Restaurants, Inc. It is headquartered in Orlando, Florida. In the year 2016, LongHorn Steakhouse generated $1.6 billion in sales across five59 of its locations.
George McKerrow, Jr. and his closest buddy Brian opened LongHorn Steakhouse in 1981. McKerrow was a manager of Quinn’s Mill Restaurant, a part that was part of Victoria Station, a San Francisco-based restaurant concept that had railway cars that served as dining venues which were very well-known throughout the US in the 70s and the 80s.
The first establishment, which was originally known as LongHorn Steaks Restaurant and Saloon was opened on Peachtree Street, in Atlanta, Georgia. It was an old antique store and later an adult entertainment business.
The walls were black and a few booths were divided with recycled black partitions. The room was filled with steer heads as well as western-themed items. The LongHorn included steaks that were grilled in butter sauce.
LongHorn Steakhouse has numerous dishes offered on its menu. They have stuffed mushrooms with cheddar cheese, which is one of their most mouthwatering dishes. This Stuffed Mushroom is made with different types of Cheese, Mushrooms, Breadcrumbs, Half And Half, Flour, Dry White Wine, Mayonnaise, Dry Mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, and Black Pepper.
Only 14 ingredients and some kitchenware are needed to make this Longhorn Stuffed Mushroom, which I explained in detail below.
The Ingredients & Equipment Needs For Longhorn Stuffed Mushroom
The Ingredients & Equipment are as follows:
For Parmesan Panko Mushrooms:
Mushroom: You will need 36 pieces of White Button mushrooms. Use Giant Food brand white button mushrooms.
Parmesan Cheese: You will need 3/4 cup of finely grated Parmesan cheese. Use Kraft brand grated Parmesan cheese.
Herb Pub Cheese: You will need 2 1/3 cups of Herb Pub Cheese. Use PRÉSIDENT brand Herb Pub Cheese.
Provolone Cheese: You will need 5 slices of provolone cheese, chopped. Use Frank and Sal brand provolone cheese.
Breadcrumbs: You will need 3/4 cup of Breadcrumbs. Use Progresso Progresso Panko Breadcrumbs.
Half And Half: You will need 3 Tablespoons of half and half. Use Land O Lakes brand half and half.
For Cheddar Cheese Sauce:
Cheddar Cheese: You will need 1 1/2 cups of white cheddar cheese tossed in flour. Use Kraft brand white cheddar cheese.
Half And Half: You will need 1/3 cup of half and half. Use Land O Lakes brand half and half.
Flour: You will need 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour. Use Gold Medal brand all-purpose flour.
Dry White Wine: You will need 1/4 cup of dry white wine. Use Wine Folly or Iberia brand dry white wine.
Mayonnaise: You will need 3/4 cup of Mayonnaise. Use Hellsmann brand mayonnaise.
Dry Mustard: You will need 1/4 teaspoon of dry mustard. Use McCormick dry mustard.
Worcestershire Sauce: You will need 1/3 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce. Use Lea & Perrins brand Worcestershire sauce.
Black Pepper: You will need 1/6 teaspoon of black pepper. Use Spicy Worl brand ground black pepper.
You will need Mixing Bowl, Measuring Cup, Measuring Spoon, Double Boiler, Knife, Cutting Board, and Oven.
So let’s see How To Make Longhorn Stuffed Mushroom Recipe at home!
Longhorn Stuffed Mushroom Recipe With Cheddar Cheese
Equipment & Tools
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Double Boiler
- Cutting Board
Parmesan Panko Mushrooms:
- 36 Pieces White Button Mushrooms
- ¾ cup Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 ⅓ cup Herb Pub Cheese
- 5 Slices Provolone Cheese, Chopped
- ¾ cup Progresso Panko Breadcrumbs, Recommended
- 3 tbsp Half And Half
The Preparation For The Cheddar Cheese Sauce:
- Grate the White Cheddar cheese and left to come to room temperature. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of flour to the white sauce to help in its smooth melting.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mayo, half & half, white wine, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, and black pepper.
- Place aside until you are prepared to bake the mushrooms.
- For 20 minutes, heat the ingredients in a double boiler set over simmering water. (You can create a homemade version at home, by placing an iron or glass bowl on top of a small pot.)
- Gradually sprinkle on the cheddar grated, and mix until it is well mixed. Remove from the heat.
- It is possible to spread the sauce on a plate to serve and place the mushrooms on top or sprinkle the sauce on the mushroom before serving.
- You could put the sauce in ramekins and serve it for dipping with the mushrooms. Only include forks if you choose to go in this way.
For Stuffed Mushrooms:
- Pre-heat the oven to a temperature of 375 degrees F.
- Clean the mushrooms using a moist paper towel to get rid of any dirt.
- Make use of a pairing knife trace the stem around and then gently lift it out. (Dice and then freeze the stems to make homemade stock!)
- Stuff each mushroom close to the top with the herb pub cheese.
- Mix the grated Parmesan with chopped Provolone and a half-and-half.
- Microwave for about 25 seconds and then stir into the panko. Allow it to cool.
- Although the cheese mixture will harden, this makes it simpler to spread it on top of the mushrooms.
- Spread the mixture evenly over each mushroom using your hands.
Our Other Recipes:
Frequently Asked Questions On Longhorn Stuffed Mushroom Recipe
What Should You Serve Alongside These Stuffed Mushrooms?
Stuffed mushrooms are a fantastic appetizer to go with a steak or pasta dinner. The Chicken Bacon and Spinach Pasta, or the One-Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta is an excellent alternative.
They go well with foods like sweet cream cheese wontons, spicy sausage nibbles with Coca-Cola Glaze, and parmesan-crusted tortellini bites.
How To Store Stuffed Mushroom In The Fridge?
These little treats will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days, cooked or uncooked. However, make sure they are well packed for storage. The best option is to use airtight containers with lids. These can be stacked between parchment layers.
Can Stuffed Mushrooms Be Freeze?
Yes, Flash freeze the unbaked stuffed mushrooms for 3 hours, until they’re hard, then put them in a bag for freezing for up to three months until the time to bake them.
How Do You Reheat The Stuffed Mushrooms?
Bake them in their frozen form for around 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit to reheat.
How Do You Make This Healthier?
You can use less fat cream cheese.
Is This Dish Low-Carb?
I believe you can eat this as part of this diet. You could use crushed-up pork rinds instead of breadcrumbs.
Our Other Recipes:
This Longhorn Stuffed Mushroom Recipe is an absolute must-try recipe. This Longhorn stuffed Mushroom is described as delicious, simple-to-make food that is great to serve as an appetizer. Longhorn Stuffed Mushroom is expected to take around 45 minutes to make.
This Longhorn Stuffed Mushroom is a delight to the appetite of foodies all over the United States with every bite. They’ll always be bursting with great flavor.
We are always looking for innovative and inventive ways to let you know about the delicious food we serve. Gather ingredients and cook delicious stuffed mushrooms like Longhorn Steakhouse for your family members without difficulty.
I hope you enjoyed Longhorn Stuffed Mushroom Recipe. You can leave questions or remarks in the comment area if you have any about this content.