If you are a Zippy’s Restaurant food lover then this Zippy’s Chili Recipe is for you. In this post, I have shared the Popular Zippy’s Chili Recipe with some valuable tips that you will like a lot I hope.
What Is Zippy’s Chili Recipe?
Zippy’s, a fast-casual restaurant chain with its headquarters in Hawaii, is called “Zippy’s”. There are 22 locations. It serves American, Japanese and Chinese fusion food. One of the most well-liked foods is chili in Zippy’s Restaurant. On October 17, 1966, Francis and Charles Higa, brothers, founded the first Zippy’s in Honolulu on South King Street.
One of Zippy’s specialities is chili. Zippy’s Chilies is an Asian dish that is usually served with rice, but it is very popular around the globe. This dish is perfect for those who like a little spicy food. Zippy’s is not one of those chilies that will completely burn off your tongue. With little effort, this chili may be prepared on the stovetop or in slow cookers.
Equipment You Will Need:
Burner, Food Processor, Instant Pot, Cutting Board, Knife, Measuring Cup, Measuring Spoon, Wooden Spoon, and Bowl.
Zippy’s Chili Recipe Ingredients Are As Follows:
Vegetable Oil, Ground Beef, Portuguese sausage, garlic, Ginger, Onion, Celery, Bell Pepper, Chili Powder, Dried Oregano, Cumin Powder, Red Wine, Powdered Chicken Bouillon, Ajinomoto, Sugar, Dried Oregano, Tomato Paste, Kidney Beans, Pinto Beans, Worcestershire Sauce, Chicken Broth, Kewpie Mayonnaise, Bay Leaves, and salt.
So without wasting time let’s start the Zippy’s Chili Recipe!
Popular Zippy’s Chili Recipe
Equipment & Tools
- Food Processor
- Instant Pot
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Wooden Spoon
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 ½ lb Ground Beef
- 6 oz Redondo’s Portuguese Sausage
- 6 cloves Garlic, Chopped
- ¼ tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 large Onion, Chopped
- ½ cup Celery, Chopped
- ½ cup Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 4 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 ½ tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 ½ tbsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp Iberia Red Wine
- 1 tsp Powdered Chicken Bouillon
- 1 tsp Ajinomoto
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 cup Tomato Paste
- 2 cans (15 Oz) Bush's Kidney Beans, Drained
- 1 can (15 oz) Bush's Pinto Beans, Drained
- 1 ½ tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 4 tbsp Kewpie Mayonnaise
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
- Chop the onion, garlic, ginger, celery, and bell pepper with a knife on a cutting board and set them aside.
- Pulse the Redondo’s Portuguese sausage until it matches the consistency of ground meat in a food processor.
- Put the onion, garlic, ginger, celery, and bell pepper with vegetable oil in the Instant Pot and sauté until tender.
- Combine ground beef and Portuguese sausage, and cook until golden brown.
- Add chili powder, red wine, chicken bouillon, Ajinomoto, sugar, oregano, cumin, and oregano and Saute until fragrant.
- Shut off the saute setting. Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt, bay leaves, chicken broth, beans, and tomato paste. Stir just a little.
- Close the Instant Pot, select the chili setting, and seal the vent. Alternatively, cook at high pressure for 30 minutes using the parameters of your pressure cooker.
- Once Instant Pot has finished cooking, let go of the pressure. Remove the bay leaves.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise together and mix well.
- Enjoy it with rice.
- You can brown your meat and vegetables in a skillet before adding them to the slow cooker if you have one. Cook for 5 to 6 hours on high. You might need to include more liquid.
- Use a deep pot or dutch oven and adhere to the same instructions when cooking on the stovetop.
Have a look at our Mar Far Chicken Recipe if you are interested.
What To Serve With Zippy’s Chili?
Hawaii consumes chili rice rather frequently, which is likely how it entered Asian-American cooking on the mainland. Serve it over white rice for the most authentic Asian or Hawaiian chili flavour. It may also be served with bread.
Can I Replace Some Ingredients?
You can use only kidney beans instead of pinto beans. You could also use any brand of sausage instead of Redondo’s brand Portuguese sausage. You can also use Chicken Bouillon Cubes instead of Powdered Chicken Bouillon.
How to Store Zippy’s Chili?
Refrigerator: Any leftover Zippy’s Chili can be placed in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator for three to four days if properly stored.
Freezer: Let the chili cool completely. Always freeze chili on the same day that it is cooked. Put the chili in freezer bags or airtight containers. At the top of the container or bag, leave a tiny opening. Place the container in the freezer for up to a month after marking it with the contents and the date of freezing.
How To Reheat Zippy’s Chili?
Stovetop: Place the chili in a saucepan. Stir frequently and heat on medium for 7 mins.
Microwave: Simply open the bag or container and put the frozen chili in a microwave-safe dish to make it simple and convenient to use. Heat on high for 5 minutes after 3 minutes of defrosting. These recommendations are suggested to be used as a guide. Heat-up times can change.
You can look at our Marc Murphy Carbonara Recipe If you’re interested.
Take a peek at our Red Lobster Baked Potato Recipe if you’re interested.
Zippy’s Chili Recipe is worth trying. The Zippy’s Chili Recipe takes only 50 minutes to make and can be made at home using only a few ingredients. The Zippy’s Chili Recipe is a simple, delicious dish that can be used as a main dish or as a side dish. It is one of those dishes that doesn’t take long to prepare.
We are continually looking for fresh approaches to let you know about the amazing foods we have to offer. This chili recipe is easy to prepare for your family. I hope you enjoyed Zippy’s Chili Recipe. Please leave a comment below if you liked our Zippy’s Chili Recipe.