If you are a fan of salsa verde then this Pollo Regio Salsa Verde Recipe is for you. In this post, I have tried to make the Popular Pollo Regio Salsa Verde Recipe with some valuable information that you will like a lot I hope.
What Is Pollo Regio Salsa Verde?
In the early 2000s, Pollo Regio brought its authentic recipe for Mesquite-grilled chicken from Monterrey, Mexico, to Texas. Mr. Bazaldua founded Pollo Regio.
Pollo Regio serves special salsa verde with grilled chicken as a side which is very delicious and well-liked by their customers. Pollo Regio Salsa Verde is made with Jalapeños, Garlic, Fresh Lime Juice, Sunflower Oil, and Salt.
Simple kitchen equipment and only 5 ingredients are required to make this salsa verde. The ingredients for the Pollo Regio Salsa Verde are listed in detail below for your convenience.
The Ingredients Needs For Pollo Regio Salsa Verde:
Jalapenos: You will need 18 jalapeno peppers. Buy fresh jalapenos from the vegetable store.
Garlic: Also, you will need 2 garlic cloves.
Lime Juice: Use freshly squeezed lime juice for the best result. Alternatively, you can use store-bought lime juice.
Salt: Use Morton brand salt or you can use another brand.
Sunflower Oil: Use La Tourangelle or Pastene Brand Sunflower Oil for this salsa verde.
The Equipment & Tools Needs For Pollo Regio Salsa Verde:
Pot, Electric Blender, Cutting Board, Knife, Measuring Spoon, and Bowl.
So, let’s see How To Make Pollo Regio Salsa Verde Recipe at home!
Popular Pollo Regio Salsa Verde Recipe
Equipment & Tools
- Electric Blender
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Spoon
- 18 Jalapenos
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- ¾ tsp Salt Or To Taste
- ¾ cup Pastene Sunflower Oil, Recommended
- Boil the jalapenos in a pot of water for about 20 minutes, or until soft at medium heat
- Take them out of the water and place aside.
- Place the garlic cloves in the hot water for 2 to 3 minutes, then take them out.
- This is a technique for softening the garlic's sharp edge by lightly cooking it.
- Let your jalapenos cool completely, then remove the stems and seeds with your hands.
- Place all the ingredients in an electric blender, leaving out the oil.
- Turn on the blender and grind the jalapenos for a few seconds, then slowly drizzle in the oil until you have a lovely green emulsion.
- Don't make this salsa too thick at first; it will thin out a little after being chilled.
- When you take it out of the fridge, it should still be slightly liquid.
- Roast your jalapenos under a broiler, on the stove, or on the grill for a smoky flavor. Allow cooling before removing the stems, seeds, and the majority of the skin. Continue with the recipe using charred jalapenos. This creates a slightly smoky green sauce with flecks of black charred bits for color.
- Use soybean oil. in place of sunflower oil. Light olive oil also works well for heart-healthy oils. However, a strongly flavored olive oil will be overpowering in the salsa and give it an odd aftertaste.
Our Other Recipes:
What To Serve With Pollo Regio Salsa Verde?
Use this Pollo Regio Salsa Verde in Tacos, tostadas, burritos, quesadillas, and all tortilla-based meals. Drizzle salsa verde over the chicken, chorizo, refried beans, or whatever else is on top of the tortilla for an instant flavor boost.
How To Store Pollo Regio Salsa Verde?
In The Fridge: This Pollo Regio Salsa Verde should keep in the refrigerator for at least 3 days, covered. To prevent oxidation, press plastic wrap against the top surface.
In The Freezer: This salsa verde freezes extremely well. You can freeze it in freezer bags or store it in an ice cube tray for small portions. Before using, allow to completely defrost.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Pollo Regio Salsa Verde?
Jalapenos: Jalapenos are high in vitamins A and C, as well as potassium. They also contain folate, vitamin K, and B vitamins, as well as carotene, an antioxidant that may help prevent cell damage.
Garlic: Your body’s immune system is strengthened by garlic, which also lowers cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar. It also helps prevent cancer.
Lime Juice: Lime juice is full of antioxidants and vitamin C, both of which could be beneficial for your health. Lime juice could boost immunity, prevent kidney stones, reduce heart disease risk factors, aid in iron absorption, and support healthy skin.
Sunflower Oil: Sunflower oil contains over 80 percent monounsaturated fats, making it heart-healthy. Sunflower oil’s high fatty acid content aids in the maintenance of body balance.
Our Other Recipes:
Pollo Regio Salsa Verde Recipe is worth trying. This delicious Pollo Regio Salsa Verde can be prepared in just 35 minutes with just 5 ingredients and some standard kitchen utensils. Use this salsa verde at any occasion or party with your favorite food as a side sauce.
I hope you liked this Pollo Regio Salsa Verde Recipe. If you liked this salsa verde recipe, please share it with others and leave a comment in the section below.