If you are a fan of Blooming Onion then this Brenda Gantt Blooming Onion Recipe is for you. In this post, I have shared the Famous Brenda Gantt Blooming Onion Recipe with some valuable information that you will like a lot I hope.
What is Brenda Gantt Blooming Onion?
Brenda Gantt is famous on social media, is a culinary vlogger, and is a former teacher. The majority of her Facebook fans enjoy the recipes she publishes. It’s Going To Be Good, Ya’ll, her first cookbook, was published in 2021.
A blooming onion is a dish consisting of one large onion that has been cut into the shape of a flower and deep-fried and is typically served with dipping sauce. Some restaurants serve this dish as an appetizer.
The Brenda Gantt Blooming Onion is a healthy starter. Sweet Onion, Buttermilk, Self-Rising Flour, Paprika, Creole Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Salt, and Oil are the ingredients contained in Brenda Gantt’s Blooming Onion Recipe. This Blooming Onion can be prepared effortlessly in twenty minutes.
To prepare this Brenda Gantt Blooming Onion Recipe, you only need eight ingredients and a few kitchen tools, which are described in more detail below for your convenience.
The Ingredients & Equipment Needs For Brenda Gantt Blooming Onion
The Ingredients And Equipment are as follows:
Onion: You will need 1 large size sweet onion. Peel the onion as preparation.
Buttermilk: You will need 3/4 cup of buttermilk. To get the best results, use buttermilk from the Organic Valley or Great Value brands.
Self-Rising Flour: You will need 1 cup of self-rising flour. Use only White Lily brand self-rising flour for the best mixture.
Paprika: You will need 1 tbsp of paprika. Use McCormick or Grandma’s Country Spices brand paprika for the best result.
Seasoning: You will need 1 tsp of creole seasoning. Use only Zatarain’s brand creole seasoning.
Garlic Powder: You will need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder. Use McCormick or American Spice brand garlic powder.
Salt: You will need 1/4 tsp of salt. To get the best taste, use salt from the Morton brand.
Oil: You will need vegetable oil to fry the onion. Use Wesson or Goya brand vegetable oil to fry the blooming onion.
Stove, Frying pan, Cutting Board, Knife, Measuring Cup, Measuring Spoon, Mixing Bowl, Paper Towel, And Serving Platter.
So, let’s see How To Make Brenda Gantt Blooming Onion Recipe at Home!
Brenda Gantt Blooming Onion Recipe
Equipment & Tools
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- Paper Towel
- Serving Platter
- Take the skin off the onion and cut 3/4 to 1 inch off the top and bottom.
- Take out the core in the middle of the onion, which is about 1 inch in diameter.
- Use a sharp knife to slice down the middle of the onion about 3/4 of the way. Turn the onion 90 degrees and slice again.
- Continue slicing each part in half until you have 16 sections.
- Be mindful not to cut through the onion's bottom.
- In a mixing bowl, add White Lily Self Rising Flour, Paprika, Creole Seasoning, Garlic Powder, and Salt.
- Mix everything very thoroughly with a spoon, then set it aside.
- Take a bowl and place the onion in it.
- Pour buttermilk over the onion.
- Now, place the onion in the flour mixture and coat it thoroughly.
- Check that the onion is completely coated, particularly between the "petals."
- Pour at least 3 inches of oil into a large, deep pan, leaving 2 inches of headspace.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat until it reaches 400 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer.
- Remove any excess flour from the onion.
- Cut side down, and delicately lower the onion into the oil using a wire skimmer.
- Adjust the heat so that the temperature of the oil remains near 350 degrees.
- Fry for about 3 minutes, then flip the onion and continue to fry for another 3 minutes, or until the other side is golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel and enjoy Brenda Gantt's Blooming Onion!
Our Other Recipes:
How To Serve Brenda Gantt Blooming Onion?
Brenda Gantt Blooming Onions are a popular American appetizer that is typically served with fast food, and they are typically served with ketchup, mayonnaise, or another dipping sauce.
How To Store Brenda Gantt Blooming Onion?
Refrigerate any completed blooming onions that have been stored in a covered container or plastic bag. Although blossoming onions should not be refrigerated, they should not be kept for longer than seven days.
How To Reheat Brenda Gantt Blooming Onion?
The best method to reheat a blooming onion is in the oven. Set your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 to 15 minutes, then reduce to broil for 3 minutes, which should be sufficient time to savor this delicious appetizer.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Brenda Gantt Blooming Onion?
Brenda Gantt Blooming Onion has over 499 calories, 29.9 grams of fat, 6.5 grams of saturated fat, and 1433 milligrams of sodium. These figures do not include the dipping sauce, which is high in fat, calories, and sodium.
Our Other Recipes:
Brenda Gantt Blooming Onion is a definite must-try recipe. Using the Brenda Gantt recipe, it is simple to prepare homemade crispy blooming onion. It requires only 8 ingredients and about 20 minutes to prepare.
Gather all the necessary ingredients and make the Brenda Gantt Blooming Onion, a family classic. This blooming onion by Brenda Gantt is perfect for holiday celebrations, parties, and other gatherings.
I hope you enjoyed Brenda Gantt Blooming Onion Recipe. Please share this blooming onion recipe with others and share your thoughts in the comment section below.